Focus is NCSSM's Student Information System (or SIS), which contains all student information, courses, grades, attendance, and more.
Please note: Focus will be replaced by the Blackbaud SIS after the 2019-2020 school year.
You can access Focus here: https://focus.ncssm.edu/focus/index.php
Focus Browser Compatibility
These short video clips are for NCSSM Faculty and Staff to use as an aid when using Focus. If you want a specific topic covered, please create a help ticket and let ITS know.
- How to log on as a teacher (understanding teacher/admin differences)
- How to view advisees or work service students
- How to print your class lists
- How to send email/print letters for your students
- How to view the various roles (other than teacher)
- How to "re-owl" toggling the view between teacher views and other role views
- How to view students who have noted you as their recommendation writer
- Viewing a teacher's schedule
- Importing your calendar from Focus into your Google Calendar
- Finding your academic advisees in Focus
- Taking attendance in Focus - Disclaimer: Be sure to select Teacher from the dropdown menu at the top-right, not Admin.
- Take attendance in Focus for another teacher