Reporting spam and phishing emails to ITS
If you receive unwanted spam email messages or phishing emails, which pretend to be legitimate but are trying to get you to click a link, download a file, or share your credentials, please report this to ITS immediately. Please use the following video and instructions to learn how to best report these types of messages.
- Open the suspicious message.
- Click on the little, downward pointing triangle at the top-right of the message header (the header contains sender information, time, etc.).
- Select Show original from the pull-down menu.
- A new tab will open up, containing the raw text of the message. Click Copy to Clipboard.
- Paste this information as plain text into a new ticket to ITS.