Installing Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac
Please use the following directions to download Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac.
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com
- In the top text field, type in your NCSSM email address. Be sure to include "@ncssm.edu". Click Next.
- You should be redirected to authenticate.
- Log in with your NCSSM credentials, and click Sign in.
- You will be asked if you want to "Stay signed in?", and you are free to select Yes or No based on your preference.
- At this point, you may be prompted to go ahead and install Office 2016 (in which case, please see step #10 below), but if not, you should only see a small notification in the top-right that says "Did you know?". If so, click Get Office.
- Click Sign in.
- On the" Almost there" screen, you will need to provide your birthday and click Start.
- You may need to wait for as long as 10 minutes for your license to be processed. If you see a blank screen that does not list the available Microsoft Office apps, please wait and then refresh your web browser until you do.
- When prompted to install Microsoft Office 2016, click the Install Office apps button and then click Office 2016.
- Microsoft Office should begin downloading. Once the download finishes, launch the installer.
- Walk through the steps of the installer until it completes.
- Launch a Microsoft Office 2016 app such as Word or Excel and then authenticate using your NCSSM email address (including "@ncssm.edu" and password).
- You should now be able to use Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac.
If you follow these instructions and experience any issues, please contact ITS.